Please read job postings for all listed openings below.
Position: Library Page – Part Time -- Application (Adobe PDF)
Location: Lucedale / George County Public Library
Available: November 1, 2021
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE POSITION.
1. High School Diploma or GED and 18 years of age.
2. Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
3. Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends (Saturday) as scheduled and work up to 16 hours per week.
4. Must have good communications skills, both orally and written.
5. Must have good computer skills, and have the ability to learn new computer applications.
6. Must have the ability to hear, bend, stoop, push, pull, squat, crouch, reach above shoulder level, and lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push carts filled with books, lift boxes of books, bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves while holding books and other physical tasks as needed.
7. Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time to serve patrons, shelve materials, etc.
1. Prefer candidates that have a JGRLS library card.
2. Prefer candidates with previous work experience involving providing goods or services to the public.
Wages: Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
WORK HOURS: Up to 16 hour/week; including evenings and weekends.
DUTIES: In conjunction with other library personnel, shelving of materials, mending materials, prepare new items for circulation, staff public service desk; answer phones; assist Library Manager in day-to-day operations as required.
TO APPLY: Applications can be picked up at any Jackson George Regional Library System Branch or downloaded online at http://www.jgrls.org/services/employment.html
DEADLINE: All applications must be completed and submitted with resume to any Jackson George Regional Library System Branch or emailed to HR@jgrls.org.
Mandatory skill & knowledge tests will be given by appointment at the Pascagoula Public Library.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
The employee holding any position must (1) meet employment eligibility requirements as set forth in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and the implementing regulations; (2) read, understand, and sign the System’s Personnel Policies; (3) read, understand and sign the System’s Drug Free Work-Place Policy and Employee Memorandum; (4) read, understand, and sign other Library policy/procedure statements pertinent to this position.
-Library Employment Guidelines:
Most jobs follow these general guidelines: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager and or his/her designee, employees holding part-time hourly positions assist other library personnel in completing certain tasks necessary for the efficient and effective access to and use of the library's collections of resources and services.
Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees' approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by the Branch Manager and Director.
Employees holding these positions will, through open and continuous channels of communication, complete all job duties and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner. All employees are expected to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete all assigned duties and responsibilities.
All candidates for open positions must complete:
(1) Application for Employment
(2) Supplemental Application
(3) Various testing - depending on position sought